Diploma in Accounting and Finance (Level 5)
Course Overview The aim of the QUALIFI Level 5 Diploma in Accounting and Finance is to provide learners with an understanding of management accounting and finance and their role in business. Learners will develop practical skills for a career in …
The aim of the QUALIFI Level 5 Diploma in Accounting and Finance is to provide learners with an understanding of management accounting and finance and their role in business. Learners will develop practical skills for a career in managing business finances.
Successful completion of the QUALIFI Level 5 Diploma in Accounting and Finance provides learners with the opportunity to progress to further study or employment.
- Financial Management
- Financial Planning and Control
- Financial Reporting
- Principles and Practices of Taxation
- Management of People
- Ethics and Corporate Responsibility in Business
- Financial theories and working capital management and the management of an organisation’s global financial risk;
- Corporate governance relating to financial planning and control, the economic and financial environment in general and potential investment appraisal;
- Organizational business assets management and the preparation of financial reports;
- The principles of taxation and the requirements of personal and business tax;
- People management in organizations throughout the human resources (HR) cycle;
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in business.
- Approved Centres are responsible for reviewing and making decisions as to the applicant’s ability to complete the learning programme successfully and meet the demands of the qualification. The initial assessment by the centre, will need to consider the support that is readily available or can be made available to meet individual learner needs as appropriate.
- The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access, for this qualification applicants must be aged 18+years and hold a Level 4 qualification in a related area, for example: QUALIFI Level 4 Diploma in Account and Finance. In certain circumstances learners with substantial experience but no formal qualification may be considered, subject to the QUALIFI approved centre being assured that the learner is able to cope with the demands of the qualification.
- In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, then IELTS 6 (or equivalent) is required. International qualifications will be checked for appropriate enrolment to UK higher education postgraduate programmes where applicable. The applicants are normally required to produce two supporting references, at least one of which should preferably be academic.