Diploma in Law
Course Overview The aim of the QUALIFI Level 4 Diploma in Law is to provide learners the opportunity to acquire a broad range of knowledge and understanding and develop a range of skills essential for a successful career in law. …
The aim of the QUALIFI Level 4 Diploma in Law is to provide learners the opportunity to acquire a broad range of knowledge and understanding and develop a range of skills essential for a successful career in law. There is also the opportunity to progress to a higher-level qualification in law. The suite of qualifications in this sector will aim to provide the underpinning knowledge of the law contributing to preparation for the Solicitor’ Qualifying Examination.
- Contract Law
- Criminal Law
- Legal Methods
- Public Law
- Understand the principles of formation of legal agreements.
- Understand aims and general principles of criminal law.
- Understand the sources of law.
- Understand the features of the UK constitution.
- Approved Centres are responsible for reviewing and making decisions as to the applicant’s ability to complete the learning programme successfully and meet the demands of the qualification. The initial assessment by the centre, will need to consider the support that is readily available or can be made available to meet individual learner needs as appropriate.
- The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access, for this qualification applicants must be aged 18 or over.
- In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, then IELTS 6 (or equivalent) is required. International qualifications will be checked for appropriate enrolment to UK higher education postgraduate programmes where applicable. The applicants are normally required to produce two supporting references, at least one of which should preferably be academic.