Extended Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management (Level 5)
Course Overview The qualification deals with complex and challenging organizational issues and opportunities. The units are closely linked to current day real world and work challenges and the qualification will test and develop learners’ workplace experience and abilities. The qualification …
The qualification deals with complex and challenging organizational issues and opportunities. The units are closely linked to current day real world and work challenges and the qualification will test and develop learners’ workplace experience and abilities.
The qualification will require learners to make judgements and provide creative and practical solutions and ways of responding to organizational challenges and problems. An action based approach will be sought and learners who have strong motivation to progress in their chosen career and business pathway will gain significantly from the qualification. The Level 5 units are also designed to dove-tail into a top-up undergraduate year at a UK University.
- Sustainability in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Operations Management in Tourism and Resort Operations
- Management of Visitor Attractions
- Employability and Development in the Hospitality Industry
- Tourism Destination Management
- Entrepreneurship in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Cultural Tourism Management
- Research Project
- An introduction and insight into the Hospitality and Tourism Industries
- Background knowledge required to address the key aspects of the Hospitality and Tourism Industry
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the Hospitality and Tourism Industries by exploring and analysing real-life scenarios and businesses
- A qualification that enables students to gain credit towards degree entry
- A qualification that enables students to develop the academic standards required for study at a higher level
- To enable learners to apply analytical and evaluative techniques to business in private and public sectors
- To enhance analytical and evaluative skills relating to business across a number of industries
- To develop the learner’s ability to recognize and reflect on the process of personal learning and development, which facilitates the enhancement of key personal, sociable, and other transferable skills
- To encourage the learner’s self-reflection, analytical, intellectual, and transferable skills
- qualifications at Level 3 and/or 4;
- work experience at a managerial level and demonstrate ambition with clear career goals;
- a first degree in another discipline and want to develop their careers hospitality and tourism management.